1. Butterflies Atop of My Head – mixed media; 48 x 72 in.
2. My Voice – mixed media; 48 x 36 in.
3. The Angel Within – mixed media; 48 x 36 in.
4. Moved by Love – mixed media; 48 x 96 in.
5. Waterways – mixed media; 36 x 48 in.
6. Communion – mixed media; 60 x 70 in.
7. Whisper – mixed media; 36 x 48 in.
8. Learning to Breathe Again – mixed media; 30 x 30 in.
My art reflects a journey of self-discovery as I search for inner peace. Through veiling and use of negative space, I aim at creating an ethereal atmosphere of soft movement to tap into the unconscious. By harnessing the tension between opposites, I want to freeze the moment while it is still a state of becoming… to capture that energy, nature’s energy.
My art aims at drawing the viewer into this suspended state, where subtle life flow creates beauty and healing. That place our soul yearns for, the one that already resides deep inside of us.
© Chantal Leblanc