1. Goddess of the Birds and Bees – ceramic; 15 in. high
2. Goddess of Flora – ceramic; 20 in. high
3. Goddess of Holy Matrimony – ceramic; 23 in. high
4. Lovers – ceramic; 10 x 8 in.
5. Lovers – ceramic; 10 x 8 in.
6. News Report, Syria – oil on canvas; 36 x 36 in.
7. News Report, Refugee Camp – oil on canvas; 36 x 36 in.
8. Children Do Not Just Disappear – oil on canvas; 36 x 36 in.
I am apparently a very opinionated woman and my art is a vehicle to explore those opinions, get those opinions out there and try to connect with others through my art. I am passionate about social justice for all people. I am currently exploring themes such as women’s rights, immigration and refugees, racial injustice and LGBT issues. It truly comes from my heart and I hope to make the world a little more beautiful in the process…put a small wrinkle in the fabric of culture. I truly believe you can change the world, maybe inspire some compassion through art even if it’s one person here and there.
I am currently working on several projects including a comprehensive version of “Social Structure”, my clay “city”. This version will not be broken apart and sold individually, I want a version that stays together as an installation that may be shown many places. I am also working on a series of paintings about immigration and refugees. Both of these projects will be shown in Denver galleries in 2017.
© Linda Gleitz