1. Triptych 1 – oil; 60 x 72 in.
2. Untitled yellow and blue 3 – oil and mixed media; 60 x 72 in.
3. Untitled – oil; 60 x 72 in.
4. Diatomaceous Earth – oil and mixed media; 60 x 84 in.
5. Excavation 2 – oil and mixed media; 60 x 84 in.
6. Fertile soil 2 – oil and mixed media; 30 x 20 in.
7. Running Away With A Pink Suitcase – oil; 12 x 12 in.
8. Porter On A Cross Country Train – oil; 36 x 36 in.
I started painting abstract oils in 1997, at first using only household and construction tools and later adding palette knives and brushes to the process. While I am drawn to creating large-scale paintings, I also love exploring the experience and effects of working from a range of sizes. Through intuition and movement, I investigate the interplay of color, shape and texture, and am influenced by a wide range of international abstract expressionist and color field painters. I also work on mixed media studies and assemblage with found, broken, and collected objects.
Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, I am currently living in the San Francisco bay area where I practiced psychiatry for 13 years.
© Laura Roebuck