1. Sunset Lace X – watercolor on paper; 16 x 20 in.
2. Where Are the Bees? IV – watercolor on paper; 30 x 22 in.
3. Sacred Spiral – watercolor on paper; 30 x 40 in.
4. Everything is Connected – watercolor on paper; 29 x 30 in.
5. Prairie Fire II – watercolor on paper; 30 x 40 in.
6. Prairie Grasses – watercolor on paper; 30 x 40 in.
7. Vanilla and Allspice – watercolor on canvas; 20 x 24 in.
8. Milkweed Flower – watercolor on canvas; 20 x 24 in.
My visual concerns run the gamut from careful representations from nature, to poetic, symbolic and sometimes political representations of nature and human nature. I create visual narratives recognizing that what we do to the earth’s body we do to ourselves and what we do to ourselves we do to the earth. With work and critical thinking, we can create a world where all can thrive as individuals, as artists, and as members of larger engaged communities of people willing to work together to a create the all-inclusive, diverse, and healthy world but first we must imagine it.
© Helen Klebesadel