1. Cafe de Manha Series (2016) – encaustic; 9 panels, 10 x 10 in. each
2. Drifting Landforms (2016) – encaustic and mixed media; 60 x 30 in.
3. Lila’s Tale – encaustic and mixed media; 36 x 36 in.
4. Primary Grid – encaustic and mixed media; 34 x 34 in.
5. Raw Cascade – encaustic and mixed media; 36 x 36 in.
6. Raw Meditation – encaustic and mixed media; 48 x 24 in.
7. Serape (2016) – encaustic on wood panel; 30 x 60 in.
8. The Groove – beeswax, damar resin, raw pigment, oil stick; 36 x 36 in.
It’s about Color! To inspire, nourish and break open. I create encaustic abstract paintings. Encaustic, a mixture of beeswax, damar resin and pigment, is applied hot to a wooden panel and then torched. This combination of heat, intense color and shifting scale allows me to push the compositional boundaries with pure and contrasting color, translucent layers and deep mark making.
Color is a powerful change agent and can be used to influence emotions, health, and soulful integrity. As I work with Color I feel an undefined language linking the physical and emotional geographies, determined to live a Brightlife.
© Francesca Saveri