Breathing Space, acrylic on canvas, 18 x 24 in.
- Interwoven – acrylic on canvas; 16 x 20 in.
- Water Mosaic – acrylic on canvas; 18 x 24 in.
- Coalescence – acrylic on canvas; 12 x 12 in.
- Plume, acrylic on canvas, 16 x 20 in.
- Edge, acrylic on canvas, 14 x 11 in.
- Water Ruffle, acrylic on canvas, 16 x 20 in.
- Water Pocket, acrylic on canvas, 12 x 16 in.
I have moved back to natural subject matter as the basis of my painting compositions. I’ve been looking closely at what lies beneath a few inches of water at the edge of Seneca Lake. Moving water and sunlight create magnification, reflection, distortion, and layers of complexity. It seems that no matter how “micro” I go, the same level of detail exists to be seen. It looks like the very small scale and the very large scale of reality are essentially the same. I’m enjoying the suggestive visual properties of this mystery.
© Cherry Rahn