1. Wallnotes – paper, ink, acrylic, graphite; 9.5 x 7.5 in.
2. Loosestone – paper, ink, ink,graphite, gesso; 10 x 7 in.
3. Division – paper, ink, graphite, gesso; 10 x 7 in.
4. Labyrinth – paper,ink, pencil, gesso; 6.5 x 7.5 in.
5. Equinox – paper, ink, charcoal, acrylic; 11.5 x 9 in.
6. Openlink – paper, ink, gesso; 8.5 x 5.5 in.
Life experiences translate to images and feelings that lead to depth, space, and motion.
My hand scratches the surface, brings a mark into view. I see and grow.
Rubbing, touching, I watch the painting evolve, moving inward and outward.
Shapes and colors vanish then reappear. I love the inner plane.
An ‘ah-ha’ moment happens and there it is. I am drawn to a different aesthetic. The composition is complete.
What remains on the surface is non-objective, abstract, symbolic and intimate.
To reach an ‘uncharted surface’.
© Sandy Mayo