1. Blue Skies, Golden Opportunities, Red Sunsets (2017) – mural in paint, clay and mosaic, collaboration designed and coordinated by Gaines with participants from the city of Wichita Falls, Texas; 30 x 15 ft.
2. Blue Skies, Golden Opportunities, Red Sunsets – Detail
3. Tumbleweed (2017) – ceramic plaque; 15 x 15 in.
4. Octopus (2017) – poured iron into sand mold; 15.5 x 15.5 in.
5. Prayer of Love (2015) – ceramic plaque; 14 x 12 x 1/2 in.
6. Separate Paths (2016) – based on Shakespeare’s Sonnet 113, ceramic plaque; 12 x 11 x 2.5 in.
7. Origin of Love – Gold, Silver, and Lead (2012) – based on Shakespeare’s Comedy, The Merchant of Venice, 3-dimensional watercolor; 42 x 32 in.
8. Tea With Eleanor (2014) – watercolor; 22 x 15 in.
Anne Farley Gaines
I love being an artist and working in a variety of media. In particular I enjoy the challenge of working large and combining several techniques in one composition. This has enabled me to design and produce murals alone and with various populations, most recently the city of Wichita Falls, Texas. In these times harmony is sought among diversity in populations. This type of synthesis – people coming together to create something extraordinary – is very powerful and unifying. My fascination for literature is reflected in complex narratives in 3-D watercolor and in clay. Using several media, I look forward to producing a series about women who have made a difference and celebrating their achievements.
© Anne Farley Gaines