Woman Made Gallery is looking for mission-focused and energetic women-identifying and non-binary folks who are committed to social justice in the arts and are willing to lend a helping hand.
If you have skills in the areas of marketing, fundraising, virtual event planning, art handling, gallery preparation, or are willing to connect WMG with your people to build great exhibitions or member programs, we want you!
Interested in volunteering at Woman Made Gallery? Consider applying for one of several volunteer teams below. WMG will review applications and be in touch by email with opportunities on the 15th of each month:
- Development Committee: The ideal volunteers have fundraising experience and philanthropic connections. Primary duties include attending monthly meetings, contributing to potential funder names list, developing fundraising event plans, grant writing, promoting and participating in various fund and friend-raising efforts.
- Membership and Marketing Committee: The ideal volunteers have experience and the passion to promote and offer professional development to our 250+ member artists. Primary duties include attending monthly meetings, developing quarterly skills building workshop events for member artists, sourcing member artists, securing new artist member benefits, contributing to gallery reputation and program promotion through marketing efforts, among others.
- Programming Committee: The ideal volunteers have art professional networks including but not limited to visual/literary artists, curators, arts organizers, gallery professionals, and/or have experience curating, developing programs, or have arts industry experience otherwise. Primary duties include attending monthly meetings, contributing to juror and community partner names list, pitching exhibition concepts, promoting calls for arts or sourcing artists otherwise.
- Exhibition Installation / Preparation: The ideal volunteers have gallery preparation experience, familiarity in art handling, or handyperson skills otherwise. Primary duties will include packing of exhibiting artworks; shipping and receiving; wall patching, painting, and general preparation; measuring and installing art works.
- Information Technology: The ideal volunteers have extensive knowledge on office IT or specialties in applied technology. Primary duties will include troubleshooting software and hardware issues, including staff computers, printers, servers, network equipment, and telephone hardware. As skills apply, volunteers may be asked to assist with new media and technology based artwork installation.
- General Reception: The ideal volunteers have excellent customer service skills and a passion for knowing all things WMG. Primary duties will include staffing gallery hoursand serving as a knowledgeable and friendly connection point to visitors and community members visiting the gallery. These volunteers may be asked to assist in clerical work such as answering the phone, emails, social media inquiries, among other duties.