Current positions available for work at Woman Made Gallery:
There are currently no job openings.
Current Internship Openings at Woman Made Gallery:
Gallery Intern (paid, January-July 2021)
Woman Made Gallery seeks (1) paid gallery intern to assist and learn about detailed gallery operations. This internship will begin early January and conclude no later than July 1, 2021.
The primary focus of this internship is exhibitions management. Project areas include: open call submissions, artist contracts, timeline planning, shipping and receiving works, installation, deinstallation and packing, gallery hours and appointments, art sales, press releases, didactics and brochures, virtual exhibitions, research and writing for blogs/social media, timely communications with artists, jurors and general inquiries, and among other details.
The internship offers a unique, hands-on experience working directly with the Interim Managing Director of a nonprofit art gallery at a time of organizational transition and capacity building to foster its mission of expanding women and marginalized artist’s representation in the art world. Candidates looking at gallerist, registrar, curatorial, art historian, visual culture, or similar career paths are encouraged to apply.
- A strong belief in WMG’s mission to expand women and marginalized artist’s representation in the art world; a love for and knowledge of visual art encouraged.
- Must be exceptionally well-organized, a self-starter, curious to learn new skills and maintain a can-do attitude!
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to work with large volume of communications internally and externally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, database management; excellent administrative skills and tech savvy.
Compensation / Hours
- $13.50 per hour. No healthcare or other benefits are available.
- 7 hours per week. Ideally completed (though not a firm requirement) on or split across Thursday or Sunday 10-5 PM.
- It is possible to work remotely, so long as the intern has access to reliable technology (computer, wifi, etc.) to complete tasks during scheduled hours. The intern will be given the option to work onsite at the gallery, given routinely updated COVID-19 safety protocols for staff.
Please send PDF of your resume and a 1 – 1.5 page cover letter highlighting the following:
- Describe why Woman Made Gallery’s mission resonates with you.
- Share what you are looking to learn from Woman Made Gallery and how this internship will allow you to continue working towards your life and career goals. (We would love to hear about your passions and dreams!)
- Highlight your organizational skills and abilities to manage projects remotely and with other obligations in your life.
Materials are to be sent to Jamie Pitts, Interim Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to applications received by December 15, 2020, but materials will be reviewed and considered until the position is filled.
Woman Made Gallery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, height, weight, veteran status or marital status.