Current positions available for work at WMG:
MEMBER ARTIST MANAGER
Applications must be received by August 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST to be considered.
Woman Made Gallery seeks (1) part-time, permanent Member Artist Manager to build a strong membership program that supports WMG’s current 300+ member artists, cultivates new members, and performs related administrative tasks. This position will begin in September 2021.
This newly created position will join a small, but mighty creative team at an exciting time of organizational growth and capacity building to foster WMG’s mission of elevating the work of women and non-binary artists.
This position reports to WMG’s Managing Director and will work with the MD to develop the membership program philosophy and build a accessible platform to nourish healthy careers for women and non-binary artists. The Membership Manager will additionally be responsible for collaboratively working on projects with WMG’s Membership Committee consisting of Board members and volunteers.
- Research, develop, and implement a strong member artist program with attractive benefits to support member artists as well as drive revenue.
- Manage membership data and processes (like membership renewal and upgrades) using Little Green Light.
- Fulfill and manage benefits for new, renewing and upgrading members, that presently include:
- Collect information for and create member artist profiles on website using WordPress.
- Manage the annual Small Works Members Exhibition from start to finish including submissions process using Submittable, artwork selections using the Membership Committee, and mounting the exhibition in November/December.
- Build and implement new members-only online community using Slack.
- Build and implement new quarterly skills-building or knowledge sharing workshops exclusively for members.
- Irregular submission processes for additional exhibition opportunities, as they are available.
- Write and send out Membership e-communications using Mailchimp.
- Create surveys and uniquely solicit feedback from members to inform WMG’s understanding of membership needs and build programming around this data.
- Perform quality customer service and care through timely responses by email and phone to member artist inquiries.
- Maintain accurate financial processes for membership.
- Run regular reporting to track monthly goals, membership trends among other.
- A strong belief in WMG’s mission to expand women and non-binary artist’s representation in the art world; a love for and knowledge of visual art encouraged.
- Must have strong relationship building skills, matched with strong database and project management skills.
- Previous experience in community building and skills development of underrepresented artists, specifically women and non-binary artist.
- Must be exceptionally well-organized, a self-starter, curious to learn new skills and maintain a can-do attitude on a small team and growing organization!
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to work with large volume of communications internally and externally.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit setting a plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps; excellent administrative skills and tech savvy. Adaptability and eagerness to learn online member management database.
Candidates may have skill sets across position duties, and/or stronger talents in singular areas of relationship/community building, arts education, arts administration management, nonprofit program management or communications. Backgrounds otherwise and a passion to learn new related skills will be seriously considered.
Compensation / Hours
- $18 per hour. No healthcare or other benefits are available.
- Part-time: 15-20 hours per week. Ideally working onsite a minimum of one day a week on Thursday or Friday.
Please send a PDF of your resume and a 1 – 1.5 page cover letter highlighting the following:
- Describe why Woman Made Gallery’s mission resonates with you.
- Share a specific example of a project your managed or an idea you want to try that relates to developing strong artistic talent OR building artist community.
- Highlight your organizational skills, attention to detail, and abilities to manage projects independently.
- Since this is a part-time job, please share with WMG your other commitments that will need to be balanced with WMG work.
Materials are to be sent to Jamie Pitts, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by August 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST to be considered.
About Woman Made Gallery:
Woman Made Gallery is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Since 1992, Woman Made Gallery (WMG) has pushed forward the vision to ensure the equal placement of women’s art in the world, while building a community of its own. Woman Made Gallery’s mission is to support, cultivate, and promote women and non-binary artists through exhibitions, membership, and community dialogue programs. Woman Made Gallery is a space for women and non-binary artists, including trans women and femme/feminine-identifying genderqueer. We welcome artists from our local community, regionally based, and around the world.
Since its founding, WMG has shown the artistic work of over 9,000 women in 445 exhibitions. Nine exhibitions are hosted annually at WMG in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood. WMG boasts a membership base of over 300 artists annually. To date, WMG has provided professional development workshops and connected members to over 15,000 supporters via networking events and online promotion. WMG hosts conversations on the issues that matter most to women and that makes sense of the world through a feminist lens. Artist talks, panel discussions, poetry readings, among other public programs inspire community dialogue.
Woman Made Gallery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, height, weight, veteran status or marital status.
Current internship openings at WMG:
There are currently no internship positions available.