1. Botanical #4 – acrylic on linen; 30 x 30 in.
2. Camping – acrylic on linen; 48 x 36 in.
3. Evening Walk #6 – acrylic on linen; 28 x 22 in.
4. Objects in Space – acrylic on linen; 48 x 36 in.
5. Snow Day – acrylic on linen; 30 x 30 in.
6. Sunspots – acrylic on linen; 48 x 36 in.
7. Perceived Patterns of the Season – acrylic on linen; 30 x 24 in.
8. Under Above – acrylic on linen; 30 x 24 in.
My work is inspired by Milton Resnik, Joan Mitchell, and Agnes Martin. Although each of them produced very different work throughout their careers, their accomplishments all stand on the same mountain. Milton Resnick insisted that the only direction and space in painting that there could be was ‘to ascend’.
My paintings begin by letting the paint start its own visual language. I prepare the colors to a specific density and viscosity and let them show me a path into what will become both subject and the perception of the resulting work.
© Yolanda Fernandez-Shebeko